Seventy percent of the human body is composed of water. It is often called the ‘elixir of life’ and rightly so for one can certainly survive without food for a couple of days but it is impossible to survive without water even for a short duration.
We can go on and on about the benefits of water, this article attempts to clear some myths surrounding water consumption.
- It is recommended that all adults consume at least six to eight ounces of water every day. The requirement is higher in case of pregnant and lactating women and athletes. Remember tea, coffee and soda do not count as water intake in these are diuretics and can reduce the water content of the body
- Never ever drink tap water directly without either filtering or boiling it. The water supply from the tap usually consists of chlorine which can cause Cancer, Heart diseases and a number of other health problems. The fluoride present in the tap water can also increase the risk of Cancer.
- Inadequate consumption of water has been seen to lead to a subsequent decrease in work performance.
- Constipation, Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) and Kidney problems can also occur in case of insufficient consumption.
- We would also like to tell you that drinks with high concentrations of sugar are not absorbed by the body as quickly as plain water. The body absorbs cold water ranging within temperatures of 40 to 50 degrees, best.
- Experts recommend drinking water consistently through the day and not waiting for the body to give you thirst signals.
- Fresh vegetables and fruits do contain abundant water. People who eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables can afford to go easy on their daily consumption.
- Who has not heard of the various benefits of taking a high fiber diet, but remember a high fiber diet increases the body’s daily requirement of liquid.
- Older people have decreased amount of thirst and thus need to pay more attention to adequate water consumption.
- It is a misconception that drinking increased amounts of water will make you bloat. On the contrary it tends to reduce the bloating sensation. Bloating is usually the result of improper cardiac function, eating salt and sodium rich foods or an imbalance in female hormones.
- Water is a wonder tool for dieters. It keeps the mouth busy and distracts attention from food. Also water has no calories associated with it.
For more information visit us http://www.healthfore.com/. HealthFore Technologies Limited is a global healthcare IT solutions and advisory services company. Our patient-centric healthcare solutions focus on wellness, preventive care and condition management. Our information and health advisory services ensure prompt diagnosis and treatment of diseases. We create mass awareness to improve the quality of life through self-care.