Pregnancy is the time of happiness, a moment of ecstasy for any couple. New aspirations and apprehensions constantly pester their minds as lots of their dreams are attached with the birth of their baby. But certain problem can create anxiety during this period. Piles and pregnancy is common combination, as around 50% of women have been known to suffer from piles during pregnancy. Piles can come up at any stage of pregnancy and increase the worries of the would-be mother. Piles are also termed as hemorrhoids and are extremely painful as well as embarrassing.
What are Piles?
Piles are the condition in which the veins, both of the external as well as the internal rectal area are swollen. Initially, the hemorrhoids are tender and give a feeling of some pressure in the rectal portion. Experiencing bloody stools during bowel movements is the visible sign of piles.
The rectal areas when afflicted with piles show various symptoms like itching, burning, and extreme pain. These are the most common and initial signs of pile. Piles can aggravate more if they are not treated immediately, and as the pregnancy progresses, due to increasing weight the condition can become worse.
Why do piles mostly occur during pregnancy?
There are some general reasons which can cause piles during pregnancy. Some of the most common ones are:
Piles due to weight gain
During pregnancy, weight gain is a natural phenomenon. But, sometimes it puts stress on the rectal areas and they become swollen. As a result, while passing the bowels, the passage is narrowed which can lead to burning, itching or even bleeding in that area.
Increase in blood volume
During pregnancy, the volume of blood increases, which too results in piles problem.
A body of women exhibits lot of hormonal changes during pregnancy. This can sometimes lead to severe constipation problem. Piles are caused even due to constipation.
Precautions to prevent piles during pregnancy
Some simple dietary changes can help you control and get rid of piles during pregnancy, without using drugs that can cause side effects.
- Drinking minimum 8 glasses of water a day is compulsory for proper dilution of bowel and to check constipation.
- Intake of fruits and vegetables as advised by the health care practitioner during pregnancy is must, as they provide all the necessary digestive enzymes.
- Fiber are very good for digestion, hence it is advisable to consume fiber rich food items in some amount in the diet.
- Light or mild exercise, like walking or stretching can help maintain proper circulation of the body enabling good digestion.
- Sodium intake should be reduced during pregnancy.
- Processed foods are bad for digestion as well as for the health of the baby, so they should be avoided.
- Do not wear tight clothes.
Treatment for piles during pregnancy
- Using witch hazel compresses are very beneficial for piles.
- Using Aloe Vera compresses too can be very helpful.
- Ice compresses also relieves the burning and itching feeling.
For more information visit us http://www.healthfore.com/. HealthFore Technologies Limited is a global healthcare IT solutions and advisory services company. Our patient-centric healthcare solutions focus on wellness, preventive care and condition management. Our information and health advisory services ensure prompt diagnosis and treatment of diseases. We create mass awareness to improve the quality of life through self-care.