The time of the month is approaching and you are becoming apprehensive, simply due to the menstrual cramps. Women all across the world experience the menstrual cramps in different degrees and it affects approximately 60 to 80 percent of the teenage girls and 50 percent of the women of the reproductive age. Menstrual cramps results due to the contraction of the uterus. Normally like all the muscles, the uterus too contract and relax. But, during the monthly cycle, the contractions of the uterus are stronger.
Some women have little to mild cramping, whereas some are forced to be bedridden for one or two days due to menstrual cramp. The cramps are generally experienced in the lower abdomen and sometimes the menstrual cramps occur in the lower back area or in the thigh. In the medical term, menstrual cramps are known as dysmenorrhea.
Some of the women use birth control pills or ibuprofen to eliminate the pain and also the various discomforts associated with the menstrual cramps. But the health experts state that there are some major and minor risks associated with the usage of birth control pills for cramps. The major risks can even be life threatening and includes heart attacks, stroke, blood clot and the risk enhances if you smoke cigarettes.
There are also certain side effects associated with the usage of ibuprofen which include diarrhea, fever, bruising, nausea, headache, blurred vision, chest pain and allergic reaction.
Therefore, it’s better to go for natural ways to eradicate the pain and discomforts of menstrual cramps. Some of the ways to instantly reduce the cramps or the pain and are follows:
- Stretch your arms and legs; this will reduce the menstrual cramps to a great extent.
- Increase your liquid intake as they prevent dehydration. Dehydration increases menstrual pain.
- The menstruation makes the pelvic area more congested. Therefore, increase the intake of the hot liquids which will enhance the blood flow and make the pelvic muscles to relax. Drinking herbal tea and green tea throughout the day can be a great help.
- Aerated drinks and caffeine, like coffee should be avoided as they can cause irritation in the intestine.
- Dip a towel in the hot water and place it in the stomach or keep hot water bags in the stomach to relieve the menstrual pain.
- The women or girls having weak bodies have to suffer more from the brunt of the menstrual cramps. Therefore, these women should take the vitamins and mineral supplements which are readily available in the market. But, they must always consult a doctor first before consuming any medicine.
- Drink a glass of the juice of cucumber, beetroot or carrot along with parsley.
- Ginger has various medicinal benefits and is also a great help in menstrual cramps. Boil some ginger slices in water and sip it all the day round.
For more information visit us http://www.healthfore.com/. HealthFore Technologies Limited is a global healthcare IT solutions and advisory services company. Our patient-centric healthcare solutions focus on wellness, preventive care and condition management. Our information and health advisory services ensure prompt diagnosis and treatment of diseases. We create mass awareness to improve the quality of life through self-care.